Already 已經/早已
1. An action has happened sooner than expected 某事比預料中還早發生
- I think Mary already knows about the surprise party. 我想瑪麗已經知道驚喜派對了。
- I’ve already spent my salary and it’s two weeks before payday. 我已經花光了我的薪水,距離發薪日還有兩週時間
2. Used with the present prefect means “before now” 與現在完成式連用,意思是”現在之前” (某件事在講話之前已經發生)
- I have already seen that film. I don’t want to see it again. 我已經看過那部電影, 我不想重看
- The train has left already. 火車已經開走了
Still 仍然/還是/依舊
1. Situations that continue to the present time 某情況持續到現在
- It is still raining. 仍在下雨
- They’ve been married for 30 years and are still in love. 他們已經結婚 30 年了,仍然相愛
2. Action that is not expected because of something else 因爲某原因而未預期的事
- He was sick but he still went to work. 他病了但仍去上班
- I studied a lot though I still didn’t pass the exam. 我學習了很多可是還是未能通過考試
3. Use it to emphasise that we expected the thing to happen earlier 用來强調我們所説的某事該發生的更早
- I’ve been waiting for an hour and the bus still hasn’t come. 我已經等了一個小時,公交車還沒來
4. Used with the present prefect means that something hasn’t happened 和現在完成式連用,意思是某事還未發生
- She still hasn’t replied to my email. Maybe she’s on holiday. 她仍然沒有回复我的電子郵件。 也許她正在度假
Yet 還沒/尚未
1. To ask if something expected has happened 詢問是否發生了預期的事情
- Have the test results arrived yet? 檢測結果已經到了嗎?
- Have you tidied your room yet? 你收拾房間了嗎?
2. To say something expected hasn’t happened 表示預期的事未發生
- I haven’t done my homework yet. 我還沒有做作業
- It’s almost 10 o’clock and Mary hasn’t woken up yet. 快10點了,瑪麗還沒有起來
3. Use it to emphasise that we expect something to happen soon 用來强調我們預期的某些事即將會發生
- Mary has bought a new dress but hasn’t worn it yet. 瑪麗買了一條新裙子,但還沒有穿過
QUIZ測驗:
您也可以訂約Lboy Facebook Page 一起互動, 讓學習變得簡單快樂 https://www.facebook.com/lboyenglish
Youtube:
Lboy簡單快樂學英語